January 7, 2006

The Farm Show

Today my parents and I went to the farm show in Harrisburg, PA. There were animals and produce of all sorts, a butter sculpture, demonstrations, farm stuff (duh), food, and a rodeo. The weird chicken/rooster thing scared the living daylights out of me when I tried to take a picture of it. It just about pecked my camera. Doesn't it look like the death chicken that could kill you while you sleep?

The butter sculpture display is carved out of lots and lots of real butter and a farm show tradition. I couldn't get a good photo of it since it is basically in a glass refrigerator case that lights like to reflect off of. This year it seems to be a man lifting a milk vending machine off of a cart, I don't think they went all out this year with the design and risk taking. Oh well, I only see 800 lbs of butter lumped together once a year.

The rodeo was fun to watch, especially the bull riding. The blood thirsty crowd only got one cowboy casualty for the night, so I suppose that would be considered a success.
As much as I despise country music, I just want to know why they kept playing hip hop/rap music during the rodeo. Does that make any sense at all? The spirit of the rodeo was somehow tainted when The Candy Shop by 50 Cent blared out of the speakers. It's like chillin' in the hood with a Mozart symphony, it's like singing gospel hymns at Bill Clinton's birthday party, it's like going to a ballet and seeing the ballerinas piroueting to Metallica; something just does not add up.

No comments:

Post a Comment