January 23, 2008

Let Me Look Into My Crystal Ball

NYU logo I submitted my NYU Steinhardt application today! This makes it 3 graduate schools down, 1 more to go. Wouldn't it be amazing to live in New York City for a couple of years? Imagine the scene. Imagine the learning. Imagine the experience.

Imagine the cost of living.

All these applications make me excited--that is a nervous, scared, silly, happy, sad, anxious, elated, tentative, ready for it, roller coaster kind of excited.

Being completely unsure of the future is an interesting place to be in. I am graduating from college in a matter of months. Who knows what I'll be doing next year at this time or where that unknown will be? I am at that point in my life when it really counts, when my entire future is really decided, when I am not really in control of my own destiny. This moment, this chunk of time, is both wildly freeing and decidedly enervating.

Where will I end up?

4 comments:

  1. I understand what you are going through with applying. Granted, I have already applied to all my schools. Maybe one more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more? that's good. But I think you are giving up hope too soon, too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:27 PM

    that was emily walker, not emily cisney. emily cisney gave up hope about two months ago, ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh. Too many emilys. Love you both though ♥ Hope and good stuff for the future all around.

    ReplyDelete