July 28, 2008

Nothing Says America Like Flags and Fairs


Remember my obsession with those flag photos, you know the ones that I've been posting over the the past year here, here, here, here, and here? Well, finally my obsession paid off.

My digitally enhanced photo won "Best of Show" in the photography section of the fair. I was surprised...I suppose pleasantly so. The judges just must have wanted a big slice of Americana. The majestic Washington monument, superimposed by a nighttime DC scene. Red, white, and blue flags. Let freedom ring. Proud to be an American. Yadda yadda yadda.

My other photos, painting and jewelry also pulled in a few firsts. All the money I won will go directly back into buying more beads and frames. In truth though, I hardly even won enough to cover what it took to print out the photos that I entered this year. At least there's the validation---yes, my art means something.



Plus, I get to share my photos with more people than just my lovely blog readers. But let's be honest, you guys are my *favoritest*!

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh..very nice, very nice! yes, they probably did appreciate the bit of Americana, but that's ok! It still looks cool.

    ReplyDelete